Why should I hire Design Direction?
Design Direction is a retail flooring showroom and interior design company in Fargo, ND, offering a full Tool Box of services and products for new construction, remodeling, and redecorating. We carry a complete line of floor covering products, from hardwood, and ceramic tile to carpeting, and window coverings, from blinds to custom draperies and bedding available for purchase for your project.
We partner with a great team of professional installers to complete your project. We also assist clients with services such as interior design, cabinet layout, space planning, and furniture, stain, lighting, and paint selections. When you work with Design Direction, you can expect us taking time to get to know you, as every client is unique. Your home or office will reflect “you” when we are finished because at the end of the day, it’s not about our style…it’s about yours!
When should we hire/call an interior designer? What can an interior designer do for me?
The sooner the better! Whether you need a little help (color selection and furniture layout questions) or a lot (planning and completing a complicated remodel or new construction project), the advice and guidance that Design Direction can provide you is invaluable. Our designers can offer our knowledge and experience regarding electrical, plumbing, space planning, flooring, window treatments, and more. Working with Design Direction will help your project move seamlessly and efficiently from start to finish, as well as help you prevent costly hiccups or mistakes along the way.
What size projects does Design Direction accept? Can I start with 1 room?
Of course, you can start with just one room! We work on all sizes of projects – from new construction builds, additions/remodels, and room updates, to new flooring, window treatments and accessorizing!
Does Design Direction work with subcontractors or do I need to find my own?
If you have a relationship with someone already, we are more than happy to work with them! Otherwise, we have relationships with many subcontractors in the Fargo-Moorhead area that we highly recommend, as Design Direction is not a general contractor. If your project requires flooring installation, custom window treatments, wallcovering installation, or re-upholstery, we have the connections you need!
I live outside the Fargo-Moorhead area, can I still hire Design Direction?
Certainly! We generally accept projects within a 2-hour radius of the F-M area, ensuring our clients receive our best attention and service. Beyond this radius can make things a bit more challenging. For projects located 20+ miles outside the F-M area, mileage will be assessed on travel at $0.55 per mile, and our hourly fee does apply to our travel time.
How does Design Direction charge?
Our fees are based on the scope of work of your project or an hourly fee. When possible, our fees may be based on a percentage of the overall project; however, design work involves many variables that make it difficult to accurately estimate fees.
- We offer A-La-Carte Services to provide you with the flexibility to best fit your budget. These services are billed at an hourly rate. Time considered billable on a project include time spent on: client meetings, telephone calls, e-mails, research, design concepts, solutions to problems, advice on purchases, preparation work, job site visits, and travel.
- The hourly design fee covers such actions as:
- Schematics, space planning, lighting design, renderings, working drawings, and finish selections of new materials.
- Coordination with contractors, architects, and installers
- Subsequent consultations and communication with the client, suppliers, contractors, architects, installers, etc.
- Researching products and materials
- Products & Installation:
- Floor and wall covering products, window treatments, and custom drapery purchased and installed through Design Direction are priced separately. Time spent on selecting, pricing, ordering, preparing work orders and scheduling of installation will NOT be billed for when products are purchased and installed through Design Direction.
- Purchasing Fee:
- Accessories and furniture purchased from local retail stores on our client’s behalf will be assessed a 15% purchasing management fee in addition to regular design fees.